When we know, who walks beside us, on this path we have chosen, our fears fall from us.

Thursday, September 13, 2018

33 Years Ago Today

33 years ago today, my life changed in the most dramatic way. Though at the time I had no idea, but isn’t that the way of such things? I was living of the world but not really in it, existing in a haze of intoxication, focused only in self, shut off, by choice, from all that truly mattered, all that was of real value, oblivious to the truth.

I was a young man, intelligent to the point of narcissism, sure of myself as only the clueless and spiritually immature can be. I found myself however at a point of crisis, self-imposed, but a crisis none the less. Bereft of answers or direction I reached out in a way contrary to all I thought I believed. I placed a call and two men came to my home, bringing the Good News I so desperately needed but didn't really want. Though quite hesitant, I did not want to continue the way I was traveling so I followed their and others suggestions in the coming months, did things like make coffee, attend gatherings daily, set up chairs and volunteer to clean up after a gathering, gave rides to people I had just met to these gatherings of other likeminded individuals, other seekers.

As my intoxicant befogged mind began to clear I saw, for the first time, that all the trials and tribulations in my life had one common denominator, a central point of chaos and disharmony: me. I had been living on the basis of self and my life reflected it. They suggested I find a new basis, a Spiritual Basis for Living that would in turn, solve all my problems.

So with their help and direction I embarked on the most wonderful journey of all, though I didn’t think so at the start, that of self-discovery. There have been many wrong turns, silly resistance and mistakes along the way, but oh what a ride, every day a holiday and every meal a banquet, if I remain right sized and committed. Those "suggestions" given me by those who knew all those years ago still at work to this day, providing me with a lasting framework and foundation for freedom from the bondage of self and the fear driven life.

Finally, to all those who have walked with me on this road of Happy Destiny, in the real world or through my writings and videos, whether you joined recently or were there from the very start, thank you. I am grateful to you for having been a part of my journey. So, onwards through the fog, a day at a time, hand in hand with Him who has all Knowledge and Power, no longer of the world but in it with my head in the clouds and my feet firmly planted on the ground for that is where life happens.

See ya around the coffee pot.

Miracles Of Recovery


© Vincent Lee Jones Living In Spirit All Rights Reserved
Miracles Of Recovery, The Secret, Wayne Dyer, Recovery, Addiction, Zen, Emmet Fox, Opioids, Four Agreements, Chopra, Heroin, Einstein, AA, Healing Path, Law Of Attraction, God, Buddha, Jesus
 

No comments:

Post a Comment