When we know, who walks beside us, on this path we have chosen, our fears fall from us.

Monday, December 11, 2017

Failure, A Touchstone Of Growth

Failure is inevitable. Everyone fails. Often. Consider some of these famous observations on failure: "Failure isn't fatal, but failure to change might be" - John Wooden, “We are all failures - at least the best of us are.” - J.M. Barrie, “The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” - Henry Ford, “Failures are finger posts on the road to achievement.” - C.S. Lewis, “Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.” - Napoleon Hill, and “Failure is so important. We speak about success all the time. It is the ability to resist failure or use failure that often leads to greater success. I've met people who don't want to try for fear of failing.” - J.K. Rowling

A spiritual advisor said to me many years ago "Everyone takes a turn in the barrel." When I look back on my life through the new pair of glasses living on the Spiritual Basis has provided, the times when I struggled the most were those when I took failure personally and lost sight of the truth, that in my life, my failures have invariably lead me to my greatest awakenings, and the self inflicted pain was the result of my losing focus on the truth, that behind every dark cloud the sun still shines and without the rain there would be no flowers.



© Vincent Lee Jones Living In Spirit All Rights Reserved
Miracles In Recovery, The Secret, Wayne Dyer, Recovery, Addiction, Zen, Emmet Fox, Opioids, Four Agreements, Chopra, Heroin, Einstein, AA, Healing Path, Law Of Attraction

 

No comments:

Post a Comment