When we know, who walks beside us, on this path we have chosen, our fears fall from us.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

THE RIDE

Herbert Spencer said that substance is “that which is not subject to discord or decay”, that Spirit is substance, that Spirit cannot die and was never born, and that we are Spirit. Consider Buddhism, it teaches that what we see is illusion, impermanent, that Everything is Zen. If you have ever read or heard that, it probably didn’t really register as anything particularly useful. When I first heard it years ago I had the mental picture of a young Quy Chang Cain listening to his Master, that puzzled look on his face not understanding. Never have quite figured out why David Carradine was hired to play a part Chinese character when Bruce Lee was available, but I guess some mysteries are better left unsolved. Unlike Cain however I didn’t have the luxury of jump cutting to the present where all was revealed. Years and a lot of living (i.e. pain) were required before I found the Spiritual Basis for Living which provided the answers. To borrow from Chuck Chamberlain, now I have A New Pair of Glasses to view life with. Today, I know in my heart of hearts that I AM Spirit, eternal and that only the distorted vision resulting from my human limitations causes my fears and difficulties. That I AM here to learn as long as this flesh lasts and when it eventually fails, to take the lessons learned to the next destination wherever that may be, always moving forward in love and light. So struggle is pointless, everything really is Zen (God) and since no one gets out alive, we might as well enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment