When we know, who walks beside us, on this path we have chosen, our fears fall from us.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

PLACE YOUR BURDENS ON GOD

Having chosen the road less traveled, Living on the Spiritual Basis, “…immediately you hand over your self-government, that is, the burden of making a living, or of healing your body, or erasing your mistakes, to the Child (God). He, the Tireless One, the All-Powerful, the All-wise, the All-Resourceful, assumes it with joy; and your difficulties have seen the beginning of the end.” The 12 step process offers a prayer for turning our will and lives over to the care of god, but first a promise: “Established on such a footing we became less and less interested in ourselves, our little plans and designs. More and more we became interested in seeing what we could contribute to life. As we felt new power flow in, as we enjoyed peace of mind, as we discovered we could face life successfully, as we became conscious of His Presence, we began to lose our fear of today, tomorrow or the hereafter. We were reborn.” If you are ready, the following prayer is suggested; however the wording is secondary to the idea expressed. “God, I offer myself to Thee-to build with me and to do with me as Thou wilt. Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will. Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy Power, Thy Love, and Thy Way of life. May I do Thy will always!” Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment