When we know, who walks beside us, on this path we have chosen, our fears fall from us.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

BLUEBEARD DRAWS THE LINE (OUR SECRET ROOM)

When I began truly applying spiritual principles in my life I had to address my “secret room.” I didn’t have any secrets as horrendous as Bluebeard’s but there were something’s I was not proud of and didn’t really want to shine any light on them. Employing rationalization and justification I had sold myself a bill of goods, neatly locking these things away from sight. When the time came to ruthlessly face my past, if I wished to grow spiritually, the reasoning that locked these things away melted like spring snow. I placed them on paper and said them out loud to a trusted advisor and God. When this was done it felt as if an actual weight was lifted from my shoulders, it was a stunning moment. This happened many years ago and in the intervening years I have watched the same thing happen in hundreds of lives, the only requirement being for successful consummation of the process is that they were thorough and honest in clearing out their secret room. The truth will set you free.

A few weeks after reveling the inventory of my secret room I asked God to enter every nook and cranny of my life, to short circuit any false notion that there exists any aspect of my life that God does not know about. Looking back it seems foolish that I believed I could “hide” things from God, but I did. As a wise teacher said many years ago “live your life as if it is being filmed, a permanent record available to any who would care to look.” In truth no camera eye follows us around (thankfully), but the eye of God does (thankfully). Clear out your closet if you haven’t already, for God already knows what is in it. Tear the door of your secret place off its hinges, and live in the light, free of the fear of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment