When we know, who walks beside us, on this path we have chosen, our fears fall from us.

Monday, January 21, 2019

Real Action

How many Spiritually based websites or pages do you visit or follow? How many spiritually themed books are on your real or virtual bookshelf, by how many different authors? Perhaps Chopra, Fox, Dyer, Gibran, maybe Schuler, Wilkerson, Grizone and Warren are a few of them? How about The Secret or the heavy hitters: The Bible, Vedas, Torah, the Buddhavacana, Bhagavad-Gita, Quran or maybe the Book of Mormon? All these apps, pages and books are helpful, but without action, demonstration in purpose, nothing of any lasting value is achieved, any more than reading about a diet results in weight loss. Being informed and inspired is a first step, but nothing concrete happens until we act. Knowing when to stop seeking and start doing can be a fearful transition since commenting on a play is seemingly safer, easier, than being on stage.

When I wore a younger man’s clothes and was very impressed with myself, I would look at my bookshelves loaded down with spiritual tomes with a sense of self-important satisfaction. Believing knowledge equaled demonstration, I had convinced myself that I not just talked the talk but walked the walk. I could not have been more wrong. When the truth finally hit, it was devastating. I had a head full of knowledge but had put precious little of the “great truths” I said I believed in into action, and what I had put into action was inconsistent and haphazard at best. I was the antithesis of spiritual truth, talking the talk but not walking the walk consistently.

So participate in and study the things that sing to you Spiritually, but instead of always looking for something new, return to an old friend and give it a look with the “new pair of glasses” your living experience has provided you.

Today I “keep it simple.” I revisit a small group of authors and books that have touched me deeply and profoundly over the years. Some of these books I have read for decades and though I have traveled their path many times, I continue to find fresh insights, for my spiritual vision has thankfully improved with age and action in purpose.



© Vincent Lee Jones All Rights Reserved
Miracles Of Recovery, Overdose Death, Alcoholism, Wayne Dyer, Drug Addiction, Zen, Emmet Fox, Opioids, Heroin, Einstein, AA, Healing Path Recovery, Drug Rehab, #Drug Addiction, #Drug Rehab, #Healing Path Recovery, #Heroin, #Opioids
 




No comments:

Post a Comment