When we know, who walks beside us, on this path we have chosen, our fears fall from us.

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Chuckleheads And DTYTS


A while back a stranger commented on line that I needed medical help, based solely on my picture viewed on their mobile device. Pretty insightful.
So I immediately headed to the ER for help. The staff was waiting for me; since the government now reads all posts, I was rushed into a state of the art diagnostic suite where I was subjected to a battery of tests of which I just received the results, in a tweet.
The prognosis: first, I am terminal. They determined I am going to die, they don’t know when or of what, but it is a certainty. Bummer. However there was good news, my levels of DTYTS are all exceedingly high for a man my age. (You know, DTYTS: Don’t Take Yourself Too Seriously).
So, a prescription was forwarded by e-mail and I just filled it at Walmart. The directions read: Laugh at yourself everyday, for you are the funniest person you know. Every time you walk into a room and forget why you are there, laugh. When the coffee cup, eyeglass, car keys gremlins move them from the last place you are certain you left them, laugh. When you find yourself opening the glass doors in the frozen food aisle to “see” what is on the shelves, laugh. When you find yourself waiting for the light to change at a stop sign, laugh. And most importantly laugh when some know nothing self-important chucklehead chooses to point out your shortcomings and character defects uninvited. And then say a silent prayer for them.
© Vincent Jones Living In Spirit All Rights Reserved
 
 
 
The Secret, Wayne Dyer, ACIM, Heart’s Desire, Zen, Emmet Fox, How To Be Happy, Golden Key, Road Less Traveled, NOTW, Law Of Attraction, Chopra, Alanon, Healing Path Recovery, Sobriety Mentor, Sobertec
 

No comments:

Post a Comment