When we know, who walks beside us, on this path we have chosen, our fears fall from us.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

LACKING FAITH

        You have probably heard the simile of the mustard seed, that all that is required to progress spiritually is a mustard seeds worth of faith. The mustard seed is one of smallest seeds in nature, yet a strong, resilient plant with amazing properties springs forth from this speck of creation. So it is with us as well. By simply considering or thinking on faith, we have enough faith to demonstrate. To concern ourselves with any supposed “lack” of faith is the adversary, self-centered fear, attempting to keep us locked in the bondage of self, so we pray to the best of our ability today, and that is all that is required of us to progress, for all prayer has power. In the grip of trouble the only prayer we may be able to utter is “God help me”, which is a powerful statement in faith, and is sufficient onto its self.

     If you are considering faith, you have the mustard seed in your hand. From this small beginning a powerful and vibrant relationship with the only true source will grow, the garden of our consciousness watered with prayer, tended with meditation and service, to the best of our current ability, for God will never ask more than we can deliver this day.

1 comment:

  1. My alcoholism wakes up 5 mins before I do - by the time I open my eyes I am already asking myself " where is mine " within minutes the 100 forms of fear and self delusion begin penetrating my thoughts and crippling my actions- it is all I can do to
    start my prayers and meditation, all the while my disease is trying to distract me - The armour the prayers and meditation provide, get me to around 11:00am then it is time to start repairing the armour by calling my sponsor or going to a meeting or try and be helpful.

    Thanks Mr. Jones for reminding me of what the process is.

    ReplyDelete