When we know, who walks beside us, on this path we have chosen, our fears fall from us.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

SPOTLIGHTS

To recognize failure intelligently is the first step toward building success.
We all fail. Often. Do you profit from the experience or reflect morbidly?

Recognize success with thanksgiving, and build more success on that.
Giving thanks for success and asking the same for all, guarantees further success.

You can have anything in life that you really want, but you must be prepared to take the responsibilities that go with it.
Why do so many fail to demonstrate? God knows if you are prepared and will never bring something into your life that will overwhelm or harm you.

God is ready the moment you are.
We ready ourselves through consistent scientific prayer and meditation.

God always knows the answer.
What more do we need to know?

The biggest fool of all is the man who bothers about outer things and neglects his own consciousness.
If you have no time for prayer and meditation, you will have lots of time for sickness and trouble.
Toward the end of the movie Tombstone, Doc Holliday is receiving last rites from a Catholic priest as Wyatt Earp walks in. Doc comments to Wyatt “ I was just investigating the mysteries of the Church of Rome. It appears my hypocrisies know no bounds.” Hypocrisy had little to do with it. We all choose the course of our lives, many putting off to tomorrow their “investigation.” Begin, resume or continue your investigation today. Take a few minutes to meditate on what God means to you or read a little (10 to 15 minutes) from any spiritual author that touched you and then take a few minutes in quiet contemplation over what you have just read. For Doc (at least in the movie), better late than never but since I cannot rely on cards and a quick gun hand for my source and security (ultimately failing Doc in the end as well), I choose the sure bet today, to Practice the Presence of God with prayer and meditation.

1 comment:

  1. "To recognize failure intelligently is the first step toward building success.
    We all fail. Often. Do you profit from the experience or reflect morbidly?"

    To date, the single biggest spiritual discovery in my life is how morbidly I have allowed myself to think all of my life. In the two years I have been on The Path it has been revealed to me, in meditation, that from this all forms of fear and anger have sprouted. The hideous "four horsemen" as it is sometimes called.

    Just yesterday I spoke with my spiritual adviser and during the call, celebrated my happiness with him about life and the fruits of our labor. Later that nite, I went to eat dinner alone. I am out of town, and these business trips are especially difficult for me some times. I looked all around me and saw what looked like happy people everywhere. That is when the first subtle, yet insidious thought came, that in order to be happy I needed to be in the company of a friend or a lady. Recognizing that this is the jumping off place for morbid thinking and sorrow, I immediately switched my mind to seeing the Presence of God in all things and all people. The loneliness vanished and I made it through the nite serene and sober. The same thought continued to try and enter in to my consciousness, but every time it did, the Power of the Presence of God saved me from myself.

    The down payment for this life was admitting complete defeat. The ongoing payments consist of constant vigilance.

    Peace,

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete